View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-Flop and Flop Questions

1) A lot of people talk about playing tight early and don't try to steal blinds when they are this small. What do you think about blind stealing at this level? Would you do it and if so under what conditions?

2) What's your decision on the flop? Do you check or bet (and if so, how much)?

3) What's your plan on the turn (if any) based on your decision on the flop, the villain's action, and what card comes?

4) Any other thoughts at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

1.I don't think i'd try and steal here, but i see plenty of reasons to. You can see for cheap how they defend their blinds, and you'll likely pick up the pot PF or on the flop, and extra chips are always nice. I can't really think of reasons not to steal early, i guess if you play flops bad and you'll spew chips there, but otherwise it should be good.

2. i'm betting like 125 because thats probably what i'd bet if i missed, and maybe this guy will try and get 'cute' because this doesn't really look like a flop we'd hit very hard.

3. If he calls my flop bet and a heart comes on the turn, i'd probably check behind and call his bet on the river (non-heart river). If he leads out the turn, i probably call him down.

4. Not especially.