View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: TPGK+ 2ndnutFD facing decision.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Agree with neverscurred, just calling is bad, you are clearly playing for stacks on the flop. It's a fold/push decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how clearly we are playing for stacks. Could you elaborate? It might be a leak in my game, but my assumption here is that I won't get called by worse and villain is not folding a hand that beats us.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call the pot is $28.5 and Hero has $43.2 left (villain has hero covered). Any reasonable betting sequence on the turn and river will get the money in. Since this is the case, you need to start asking yourself "am I willing to get all my money in?" BEFORE you make the call. If the answer is yes, you may as well try to get it in now.

Plus, the raise CAN fold out a lot, so we have FE with the equity from our FD and TPGK as a backup. Many villains play suited flops aggressively just trying to buy it. Raising doesn't let him catch up for free and a tight opponent may even fold an overpair here fearing the made flush. He may also fold a naked Ad not wanting to gamble, which is still fine since he'd have 11 outs to win for ~44% equity and have the odds to get it in.