View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Protecting my hand......was I wrong?

Thanks for the replies fellas, they are all appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
Great story. If it were me I would be glad it happened. Not because it was pleasant - but because it makes for a memorable experience. You can't make sh*t like this up!

It seems like dealer #1 was having his period. I just try to follow instructions so I will get the pot. He was obviously nittier than anyone in history. But you did get the pots. That others at the table laughed when Dealer #2 did his thing means that it wasn't anything you did. I would say in this situation you can't win - but wait you won like 3 pots in a row!!!

I would probably talk to the floor about it because Dealer #1 was nasty. But mostly so they can get their collective sh*t together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr.Rick, that reply cracked me up. What a great attitude to have about the situation. That is pretty much how I saw it too. I tried not to let it bother me any more than I had to and I have no desire to get into an argument with a dealer. I lucked into two of the pots that I thought there was no way in the world I could win and after 3 pots in a row, I figured the table probably wasn't feeling too sorry for me anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But the way the original dealer treated me was so rude that no one else at the table hardly said a word until he was tapped out. It was just that awkward silence; you know that feeling I'm talking about. Everyone is scared to say anything for fear of being the target of the wrath next.lol I was glad when everyone started laughing after the new dealer sat down though because it confirmed that they thought it was an over reaction also.

And for the record, the 2nd dealer was as nice as he could be when he asked for my cards. If the 1st dealer had been nice like the 2nd dealer, I would have forgotten it immediately, there would be no story to tell and this post wouldn't exist. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]