View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Caesars IN this weekend -- anyone? Also ??

Glad I got to see you, steamboatin. The baseball hat threw me off -- hearing "Javanewt" called out was pretty funny. Very fun weekend.

I ended up, but not nearly as up as I should have been. Played well Friday night and was up $550. Hit a royal flush but didn't make any money. Bet the turn like a dufus hoping the other guy hit something, but it was not to be. He only had $25 behind, anyway, and if he hit anything for the bad beat, he was calling.

Saturday was pretty blah, and I left up ~$50. Did have quad Ks over pocket As. Very bad timing for the guy. He raised to $15 after every lost pot, and this was one of those times. Too bad the previous pot had taken half his stack so there was only $150 left for me. Can't complain, though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sunday was a nightmare. I was up about $100-$200 most of the night until the last hour or so, except my stack did fluctuate quite a bit.

Early on, the table was full of donators, but they kept hitting when they played against me.

Examples: I raise to $17 with two callers. Flop 383. turn 8, river 2. I have AK. (Learningcurve, I got this one wrong when I sent it to you.) Opponent has 93. Thank God he only called my flop bet then called my river bet (see what I mean). I thougth my A was good. Ha.

Again, I raise to $17 with KK. Two callers. Flop 9T3. I bet big. Same guy calls. Turn J. I bet again; he calls. River 3. I check; he checks behind with Q3. LOL. I had to walk away after that one. This guy donated $1,200 to the table, and I didn’t get a penny from him.

Should have left when I was up, because I started getting crushed. Two pair beaten by straight on the river that two people were holding (I re-raised the flop and bet turn). Two pair beaten by flush on the river (again I re-raised flop and bet turn).

The finale: AA in late position with a $5 straddle and two callers. I make it $25 to go with only $150 behind — I’m planning to shove any flop. Flop K6K with two spades. First to act makes it $30. Typical feeler bet for this table. I call. River 8. I go all in. He tanks, surprisingly, and then calls with KJ. Figures.

Should have known better, but he could have had anything. Wish I had gone all-in pre-flop, but I knew they would fold — I wanted at least one caller. Two was a bit much, but I’m sure the second guy had nothing — he came over from the 2/5 and called any pre-flop raise.

So, after playing for 13 hours yesterday, I lost one buy-in. Still up $300, so the room is paid for, but it’d be nice to have a few extra dollars. Should have left at 6 pm as planned instead of at 3 am!!!

We need to have a get-together at Caesars IN sometime.