View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Why Im no longer an ACist

My impression of your scenario was that someone came across untouched land and just said "Oh hey this is all mine, now I will defend it with a gun." That the land would be theirs just because they said it was and they had an absolute black and white right to it. Sorry but I don't think you did a very good job of explaining yourself at all and that's why I commented that it was a worthless point and was never going to convince anyone. Obviously if someone exchanges goods for different parcels of land they can ultimately accumulate 100,000 acres of land, there is no "cap".

You said the guy had a gun (obviously implying he was going to shoot people if they didn't respect his property claim), I said sniping. That's a pretty nit point if I've ever seen one. It makes zero substantive difference whatsoever. It's late and this is not one of the more productive discussions I've ever had so I think I'm done with this. Property rights are definitely one of the things that have been hardest for me to formulate my views on.