View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Dancing With the Stars 5

Tonight's elimination odds over at Matchbook:

Will Helio be eliminated? Yes +3000, No n/a
Will Marie be eliminated? Yes +175, No n/a
Will Melanie be eliminated? Yes +700, No -980
Will Jennie be eliminated? Yes n/a, No -180

Hmmm. I don't know why I was so pent up about the producers rooting for Sabrina as I should have figured out that the producers were actually rooting for (mostly) Melanie or any other woman to win.

It's almost a politically correct final if you will.

If Melanie wins it probably cancels out Laila Ali's failings towards the end last year. If Helio wins, it probably rubs out Mario Lopez being robbed by Jerry Rice.

If Jennie or Marie somehow win, I suppose fans will get another chance to bitch like they did when it was highly disputed that Kelly Monaco robbed John O'Hurley! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They've all been pretty good but their extra-curricular activities seem either unfortunate (Marie's personal life) or merely attention-grabbing (Jennie going to Disney World for some event/PR stunt).

...with the scores Helio and Melanie 60, Jennie 58 and Marie 56 it's almost too close to call what with the screwy voting system. Any of them could be eliminated tonight but you'd have to favour one of Jennie or Marie going...the oddsmakers taking a small risk that Jennie will be the one given the push tonight.

Has anyone been eliminated when having a perfect score!? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

OT: Well done on the Helio to be the 'last man standing' prop.