View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

[ QUOTE ]
well, i agree. this book was very much aimed at beginners - or more like "2+2 beginners," people who have played some and know they're making mistakes but not really why or how. for example, everything up to REM is pretty close to how i was taught when i started in 2001, and it really helped me.

it's weird writing a book like PNL because the audience is so broad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I probably just misinterpreted the audience. I'll admit I wasn't really paying much attention to 2+2 before the book came out, so I don't know if it was made apparent that it was aimed at "beginners" or not.

I think the word "Professional" in the title, and the marketing of the book led me to believe it was aimed at a non-beginner audience. Particularly the comments like "if you don't know what X is, or what X is, you need this book", which implies that these are concepts you don't know, when in fact they might be concepts you do know that have just been given a name and presented in an organized way.

There is nothing wrong with this at all and, like someone said, this is the same thing Theory of Poker did. I just think I was approaching the book differently from how it should have been approached, which is my fault.