View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Ramblings of a drunk (confederate soldier protesters included) tl;

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you get down Atlanta way on a Sunday afternoon this summer, be sure to check out Stone Mountain. Rednecks in jacked up pickups with gumbo mudders driving around flying the Stars and Bars.... whooping it up about their 'heritage'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stone Mountain is not Atlanta. Believe it or not, Atlanta is as diverse as any other city in the U.S. I guess it is easier to make broad and sensational generalizations than it is to paint an accurate picture though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lived in Atlanta for 15 years. I don't need the cultural fabric of the city explained to me. For a city 'too busy to hate', it's amazing how racially tense Atlanta is; how often racial issues come to the fore in any news or political issue there. Political power is black, financial power is white. A volatile mix. Oh by the way, are Jews admitted to the Atlanta Country Club yet, or do they still just join the Standard Club?

If you read the post, I said 'Atlanta way'. Stone Mountain is a 15 minute drive from Atlanta.

Get a life, dbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, sure Atlanta is recially tense just like any other big city. But I've been to LA, Chicago, NY, DC and every one of them is a ton more segregated than Atlanta.

And it sounds like you're the dbag. He's right, all you're doing is making overgeneralizations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, OK. Atlanta proper is majority black. Except for what, Buckhead, VA Highlands? Midtown? Where the only black people are cleaning white people's houses. How many black folks you see living north of 285?

dbag out.