View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Wheeling Poker Room Review

I got down to Wheeling Island Friday night (11/2). I got there at around 8:30 and the place was packed. Good thing I didn't want to play 1/2 NL as the wait list was 61 players deep and they had like 10? tables going.

I got on the 2/4 and 3/6 LHE lists, both of which were about 19 people deep. I got on a 2/4 table in about 1.5 hours, and I was about 5th on the 3/6 list. I think there was only 1 3/6 table and 4 2/4.

While the dealer's made mistakes, there wasn't anything that stood out has really bad. A few misdeals throughout the night, nothing major.

One thing I didn't like was that they kept getting people chips for this game and was bringing them $5 chips. I've never really seen this done where I have played in Vegas (one trip, 5 different rooms, and a single room in Reno). There have been $5 chips on the table from time to time, but it was the exception, not the rule.

Anyhow, this may be nittish, but the dealers were constantly having to make change for peoples' bets, asking them to confirm if they were calling or raising, etc.

Another complaint, A couple of different waitresses I ordered a glass of water from and they either forgot, didn't write it down, or just flat out didn't give a damn figuring I wouldn't tip since I wasn't even getting a beverage that I had to pay for(you have to pay for bottled water, a glass of water is free). They also seemed to be massively overworked for the poker room.

I also liked the waiting list kiosk. If you have a players card you can just walk up to this, swipe your card and choose the waiting lists you want on. Now they probably just need to put a couple out in the lobby.