View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Post Flop Aggression stats

Anyone have any ideas on what seperates an Aggressive player from a typical unaggressive Small stakes player ? It's pretty well agreed upon that aggressive poker is winning poker,

Sure. I could bet out every time I'm in a pot and have a super high aggression factor. Or, I could fold every time I didn't flop the nuts, but these, obviously, aren't optimal.

I play 25NL and my overall aggression is around 2 but I'm not sure what it is exactly that separates me from someone with an aggression factor of 4 or 5 ? I have a healthy PFR aggression, I cbet the flop quite often so my flop aggression is not bad, but beyond that, I find that c-betting 100% of the time or double barreling the frequent calling stations / slowplayers / check raisers can get expensive.

I've been wondering about the idea of stabbing at uncontested pots more often or playing middle/lower pair a bit stronger - currently middle pair or lower I rarely put any money in the pot.

I suppose also that if I can't raise, maybe I shouldn't call a bet - ( draws excluded ).

Also controlling the size of the pot ( another area I'm trying to improve on ) goes against aggression.

So, just wondering if anyone has put much thought into this and have any ideas ?