View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 04:22 PM

Default My first shot at HU NL cash

Ok so i'm a 6 max player thats trying to get into heads up and I think i'm doing ok but I know I have some major leaks and theres one or 2 types of opponents I really dont feel comfortable playing. First off heres my stats for the last couple days:

Shot at 2007-08-11

Positional stats

Shot at 2007-08-11

I know i'm playing weak a lot of the time with certain opponents but is there anything you can tell me that i'm doing wrong just from these stats?

A couple situations I know i'm not comfortable with:

-Guys that constantly limp the button with good and bad hands and call down with ace high or monsters all the same or just just bet like half pot on all streets when they in position, I dunno just playing them tilts me in itself. (sounds stupid and maybe i was just tilt that day), I can just never get the pot big enough with my strong hands.

-Playing hands like weak aces and suited aces to aggro ish guys who's range you know you beat but you can 3 bet them cos the hand just isnt good enough (A8o A6ss type hands)...what do you guys do? just fold or call and c/f a whiffed flop? CR a really dry board?

-Playing out of position in general to guys that like to double and sometimes triple barrel.

I'm really enjoying HU compared to 6 max because my 6 max game was getting very boring and some days sessions didnt even swing up or down a single buy in. HU was treating me really well until yesterday when I wanted to smash my computer screen and cut my wrists with the debris. I'll post a few of these to amuse some of you:

My absolute fave

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (BB): $634.45
SB: $230.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.00</font>, SB calls $8.00

Flop: ($22) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $50.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $623.45</font>, SB calls all-in for $169.00
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Turn: ($460) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($460) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $460.00 ($0.50 Rake)

SB had 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Seven high) and LOST (-$0.25)
Hero had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Seven high) and LOST (-$0.25)

Not a beat but sick setup for HU

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

BB: $113.90
Hero (SB): $751.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.00

Flop: ($6) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $9.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30.00</font>, BB calls $21.00

Turn: ($66) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $718.45</font>, BB calls all-in for $80.90
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

River: ($227.80) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $227.80 ($0.50 Rake)

BB had 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Threes) and WON (+$113.40)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Eights) and LOST (-$113.90)

So what if he was a half stack..he was trying to push me off a hand with hardly any FE and that hurt more

Hero (BB): $92.30
SB: $43.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, SB calls $6.50

Flop: ($18) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $34.90</font>, Hero calls $22.90

Turn: ($87.80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($87.80) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $87.80 ($0.50 Rake)

SB had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON (+$43.40)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Nines) and LOST (-$43.90)

This one hurt at the time but I came back and took 4 buy ins off him after i cooled down.

BB: $148.80
Hero (SB): $461.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.00

Flop: ($6) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, BB calls $4.50

Turn: ($15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $30.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $453.85</font>, BB calls all-in for $111.30
Uncalled bet of $312.55 returned to Hero

River: ($297.60) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $297.60 ($0.50 Rake)

BB had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Eights) and WON (+$148.30)
Hero had 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Eights) and LOST (-$148.80)

Same guy, his very first hand against me ever

BB: $100.00
Hero (SB): $519.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $9.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $31.00</font>, BB calls $22.00

Flop: ($62) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $488.95</font>, BB calls all-in for $69.00
Uncalled bet of $419.95 returned to Hero

Turn: ($200) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($200) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $200.00 ($0.50 Rake)

BB had 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Eights full of Fours) and WON (+$99.50)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Fours) and LOST (-$100.00)

Just browsing through my database I noticed i'm getting stacked a ton, i'm also new to HU so it prob just seems a lot more.

Anyway this is dragging, if anyone has any advice for me from reading this post i'd appreciate, thanks guys, and as I learn more about HU i'll try and contribute more to this forum but at the moment i'm just pulling straws myself

GL at the tables