View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/15)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you failed to mention that he also called 50k on the turn. so that 25 k call without a hand.. resulted in practically a 100k profit. so he called with 1/8 of his stack then grew his stack by 50 percent.

[/ QUOTE ] yea because that outcome is the most likely and will happen most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

not responding to one particular poster, but;

sammy picks up a lot of small pots that dont make the cut. something to consider.

yes, the K7 is terrible.

if sammy toned his game down and picked better spots he'd be a much better nlhe player. what makes sammy difficult to play against in most games is that he plays nosebleed and has no regard for money. if you wandered into a normal non HSP game where sammy was playing, say, 100-200 NL where it's nine handed, he's going to be so difficult to play against for the simple fact that so many players who play 100-200NL live aren't bankrolled for the game. and sammy is capable of playing abc-fundamental poker. i'm not saying he's a great nlhe player, and i'm not defending some of his plays on HSP, but he's probably the last guy you'd want to play a pot against when he's playing well. his 'A' game, however elusive as it may be to the t.v. viewer, is tremendously difficult to play against, even if he plays like [censored] on HSP.

and LOL if you cant see why he'd be a [censored] thorn in your side in a PLO game.

jennifer played the AQ hand very well on that JJJ board. she loses the minimum when her opponent has the case jack and wins the maximum when he has a PP.

i think eli needs to work on his game. he seems to be too emotionally invested in the results and it effects his play.

i'm also impressed with the way PH has played this season. he appears weak tight at first glance but there's definitely something worth noting in his style of play. he still doesn't take advantage of his image enough though imo.