View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Default XBox 360 Games - Regional Differences?

Like many Europe based gamers, I buy most of my games from sites such as Play.com. The standard price for a new release here is £39.99, and up until now, I've been happy paying this amount.

But can I get the same games for cheaper?

I recently stumbled across this site: Play-Asia.com, which seems to sell games for far cheaper prices.

For example, a new release which I'm almost certainly going to buy in the near future is CoD4:

£39.99 for my usual European version from Play.com

or

£28.35 for the US version, which apparently is region free, and will work on European 360s according to this .

Cheaper still is the Asian version, at £23.62 - it clearly states "Language: English", and according to the compatibility guide I linked to earlier, it will work on my European Xbox 360.

It seems that for the most basic shipping from the Asian site, it is £1.47 per game, and shipping takes 5-14 days. My regular site has free delivery, and takes 3-5 days for delivery.

Are there any good reasons for me not to buy either the US or Asian version? Please note also that I'm in no particular hurry - I have lots of games that I'm nowhere close to completing.

I'm probably coming across as a bit of a nit here. I'm not desperately trying to save money here, but I plan on buying quite a few games in the near future, and this way I can effectively get 6-7 games for the price of 4.

Any advice welcome, and apologies if this has been discussed already (did a search but couldn't find anything).