View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: NL CASH: article by me in 2+2 magazine

I dunno if this is really a good idea or not, but I pop a minbet in raised pots for 2/3 pot to pot very frequently, no matter what my cards are or what the board looks like, and my opponent almost always folds.

Of course, if they call or reraise, then it comes back to what I think they have vs what I have (I run into so few opponents that are thinking about more than their own hand that going deeper than that is almost never worthwhile), but certainly at $50 and less, and for most of the $100 opponents I've played, a minbet seems to be extreme weakness much more often than not.

And for what it's worth, I don't think I've ever minbet either (I don't consider a minbet in an unraised pot as a minbet really, it's a 1/2 pot bet). If I've got a strong hand with an aggro on the other side of the table, 1/2 pot is usually my "sucker" bet, because most semi-thinking aggro players are going to instafold if I repop his raise after minbetting, but 1/2 pot makes his raise big enough for many players to fight over.