Old 11-02-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
500th post yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post a TR on your adventure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I registered back in March, but didn't post much. I just lurked around the STT forum. There really wasn't much to post on anyway; if it was a push/fold situation, someone would post some complex math and that would be the end of it. Or if it was something about how to play in the early stages of a STT, people would all have different opinions and everyone would eventually come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter if you limp PPs or SCs, as long as you don't do anything exceedingly stupid and play proper push/fold poker late you'll be a winning player. Anyway, I had played ~1500 $12 STTs with an 8% ROI. Nothing special, but I was working hard to get better and was generally very optimistic. Then I went on a 50 buyin downswing over 200 games. It wasn't bad beats or tilt or anything; I was making correct pushes and my opponents just had a hand in their calling range way more than they should have. Being on the wrong end of countless 60/40s is way worse than beats imo.

Anyway, I decided I never wanted to see another SNG again. So a couple months ago I went back to my first love, limit hold 'em. I started posting a lot in the Micro Limit forum. Nice guys, for a bunch of crotchety old men (j/k, I <3 the micro forum). Anyway, I played 10k hands of 1/2 FR. Things went well, but it was boring and the games were nitty as hell. So I jumped into fishy-ass 6max, and dropped 500bbs in 20k hands. Again, most of it was running bad, but looking over my HHs and reading the posts of better players made me realize that I would probably never be better than a marginal LHE player. I just didn't get it for some reason. So I gave up like a little bitch.

And that gets us to here. I read one of Cwar's old posts (I think it was the one about why one should play husngs), and the thing that really caught my eye was the low bankroll requirements, seeing as how I was now a bit low on poker funds. So anyway, I've played ~200 11s and am down 14 buyins.

There ya go, Hokie. And I'm sorry if you were being sarcastic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]