View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Straddling before the cards are dealt

Well, technically you DO have the right to do it... Until the cards are being pitched. For instance, if you want to sit out your BB, and then repost/buy the button, you can do that. It seems quite nit-ish, and silly to do, but technically, you could do it. The Straddler would then become the BB, and life would go on, and there would be no straddle, at least from that guy.

Do you have the right to do it? Sure. I'm sure you won't make friends as a result, but if losing that 2 bucks, or that position to one person means that much to you, do it up.

And no... The new player would not have to play his hand if there is a live straddle announced. He can, but he would be aware that there is a live straddle, and that it would be x to go on top of his post if he chooses to do that.

Seriously, does this happen where people get that worked up? I mean, I've seen old ladies get pissed off because I'd raise blind in a 3/6Limit game because they were weak players, and didn't know how to/want to put more money in with bad hands pre-flop.

I'd hate to put you in that group, especially since you are educated enough to be posting here!