View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Obvious Collusion at the Canterbury Club (Long -Cliff Notes at bot

[ QUOTE ]
I view it this way, there might be a silver lining for BB. This situation may help him to be introspective about his understanding of the game, and may actually help him improve as a player. As a moderator at 2+2 my number one function is to encourage communication (which in-turn brings traffic), my number two function is to encourage education. Sometimes it takes a jaring event to realize we still need to educate ourselves, that there is so much more to learn and understand about a game than we tend to think. Poker players generally have egos, we hate to place the blame on ourselves; instead we look for extenuating reasons like just running bad. In this case it seems as if the extenuating reason was collusion in BB's POV, over time I hope he instead looks inward to find the truth within himself. Its not something we can collectively do for him, but when he is ready he can help himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have learned more from posts where I was mistaken. While everyone is engaged in telling how stupid I am, they give out some really valuable information.