View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Half the table to the flop w AK, flopped ace played weak, this ok?

I agree with everyone here that check/folding this flop is a mistake. Please bet this flop. Yes, you're going to be up against someone with KJ/two pair sometimes, and you must get pot stuck if they get trappy on you -- and you're going to get drawn out on alot, but it's still +EV spot for you, so bet.

Also, you should raise more preflop, because you don't want to play AK multi-way like this. Yes, it sucks to stick in a healthy raise like 150-175 pf after the two limps, whiff the flop, then end up having to dump, but that's better than playing this six handed. You'll have a lot more options if you get this heads-up or three handed than you do now, where you're six handed. AKo does not play well multi-way.

Also, UTG looks like he just stacked BB, is probably feeling confident, and is probably limping with a huge range because he's got that "I just doubled up early, I've got 100 BB and double what anyone else at my table has, I'm invincible" feeling going. I'd want to get him isolated if possible. He's probably calling alot of overbets preflop here, so while raising to something like 160 PF might seem like overkill, I suspect it's probably very profitable. You should look at the hand history and see how donkified UTG's play was when he doubled up against the BB. If it was a weak/bad play, this is the guy you want to target.