View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Weight Transfer Problem

Sorry but this is gonna be a little long.

I took limitgod's suggestion and looked at how my weight came through the ball. Like he said I was keeping my weight on my right side and hitting a block. I went to the range and worked on it and made sure I had a good finish and my body was almost upright with my all my weight on my left foot at the end.

I played today at the hardest course I've ever played.

Brag: I hit 2 drives of 290+.
Beat: I shot 105.
Double Beat: I shot a 10 on a par 3.

Anyways, I wanted to ask this here because I didn't want to make a new thread and clutter the forum.

When I started to play I didn't understand how to aim. So I ended up aiming my shoulders at my target and closing my club face a little to account for the way I was aimed.

I would play with my friends and they couldn't understand how I hit the way I did. It would look like I was aiming way right of my target but my ball would go straight at the pin.

So today my friend got fed up with it and started aiming me. The problem was I was still keeping the club face closed and I would hit hooks.

I can hit the ball dead straight to my target if I do two things.

1) Take a club and put it at line with my target and then put my feet up right next to it

2) Keep my club face not open or closed but I guess in a neutral state.

The problem is that takes some time to do. So I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to align myself up with my target better.

Thanks again.