View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Love a girl but there is a dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the STI I suppose. HIV might make me blink a few times and have a long conversation, everything else either treatable or fairly inconsequential.

STIs are still way overly stigmatized for something so friggin common (HPV for example is now commonly put at 30-50% of all sexually active people 15-25 in the US).

Besides, unless you're a virgin there's a decent chance that you are already an asymptomatic carrier for HPV or herpes (no test for HPV in males, herpes tests fairly unreliable). The majority of males with the two STIs above (and I'm guessing you are talking about one of those since gon/chla/syph are all treatable) are asymtpomatic.

If you "love" someone, and yet you are considering dumping them because they have an STI, then you should probably go back and look at what you think love and commitment are about.

Now if you just want to have a one night stand and you find out your sex partner has an STI, there's perhaps reason to move on to another pasture, but that's another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah herpes is treatable. As far as considering dumping I wasn't really considering it at all I just wanted to hear other people's opinions about it.

Thanks for the information.