View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: onlide \"dating:\" interesting article

[ QUOTE ]
You don't really know who people are online or what they are up to, but they have every ability and incentive to make themselves whoever they think you'd like them to be. Identity is almost completely fluid. So are values, and even existence. That is, the person you think you know may not only not even exist, but may vanish instantly never to return. Perhaps volitionally; perhaps just because he got hit by a bus. Who knows? You never will. For me, it doesn't make for a strong incentive to let one's guard down. More toward live and let live, and if you want to say you are this or that, fine. I not only don't judge, except when you're being an arsehole, but don't even particularly care or place much weight in it. For all you know, your best friend on a board could be a terrible person in real life. Because, of course, though you may try to convince yourself of the contrary, you know nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg is wise. I have to say that I pretty much agree with this. Still I like all of you out there in internetland. Especially if you make me laugh.