View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: onlide \"dating:\" interesting article

I feel as if I'm totally crazy for thinking that people who "love" each other despite having an "online relationship" for only a month are nuts. Am I?

This article is incredibly strange. The characters involved are definitely unlike anything I am familiar with. If I have friends who would fall victim to this sort of thing, I'm not aware of it.

I am going to potentially give you all too much credit and say that I think it would be hard for the majority of Lounge posters to fall victim to something like this, like Audrey did. I suppose my main reasons for believing that is that most of you seem quite capable of critical thinking and I don't see most of you as so lonely that you're "primed and ready for victimhood." Based on this assumption alone, I think it gives an interesting forum for this article. Imagine posting this to a forum of people who are incredibly lonely and emotionally unbalanced, or depressed. I would imagine the responses would be quite telling.

Anyway, I really liked how the article was written. That last paragraph is really good and there are a few others that I found to be laugh out loud moments. Shrug.