View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Bling survey for engaged/married OOTers

[ QUOTE ]
TBD,

I am appreciative of your post as I wasn't entirely sure about all of the things you mentioned. It turns out I was right about them, but was really quite unsure.

I am still unsure as to how I feel about the whole "expensive ring" aspect of it. I get the feeling that the type of woman I'll someday marry won't view an expensive ring as a necessity. Nor will she be truly saddened if I didn't get her one (whether being open or hidden about that).

That, of course, doesn't mean that I won't be getting a fancy ring. Shrug. I have more important issues to worry about concerning marriage than the ring. I figure if I can hurdle all of the other obstacles--like finding a woman--then the ring problem will solve itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't worry about whether or not you're going to be getting her a big huge ring or any ring at all. It'll sort itself out. If you're a big fancy ring kind of person, fine. If you're not, that's fine too. I'm pretty sure that if she's going to marry you for the right reasons, the ring isn't going to be an issue one way or another and she'll love it either way (unless you're stupid about it and buy way more than you can afford).