View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Stars $4 180 - Turn decision with top 2 pair

I play these every day. Now, normally I dont do this, but in the stars 4/180's I assume everyone is a donkey until proven otherwise.

I would have raised preflop 3-4xBB and bet out 1/2-3/4 the pot on the flop. The players at these levels will call anything and I want that. Also, I want to define my hand with this flop, this is not a spot I would slow play. Since you got someone to bet, I really would consider moving in here unless you think that there is a good chance you are beat. The reason is because the players in these tourneys will call off all their chips with very little. I had a guy yesterday call off a 6K stack with only like 500 in the pot with a flush draw against my set. I mean, that is just wonderful.

Now, your turn decision is tough, however really, at these levels it could be anything. It seems alot of times early in these tourney you will run into people who will just dump off their chips to you. Yes, you could be facing KT, that is certainly possible, however many times its not.

There are much better players here that could probably help you, but at least imo I am trying to get people to put all their chips in with the worst of it, and the players at these tournaments will do that often.