View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Top Set vs Complete Fishtard

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't really feel like playing, then saw one of my all-time favourite buddies was in the game.
So far I've lost two stacks to him, a 250BB pot where he decided top and bottom pairs, no redraws was good enough to rumble against my middle pair (he hit his 2-outer on the river and my fistpump was ended when the pot mysteriously shipped his way). He also cracked my aces after it was all in when he 3-bet me out of the BB with KJT4ss and I 4-bet him.
Anyway, I don't know what I thought of my play here. I'm reasonably confident of the river fold as he will call multiple bets with draws (esp. flush draws) and only gets aggressive when he has "made" hands. He also doesn't show any aggression on the flop if he doesn't have anything (ie. will raise preflop and then just check/fold the flop to you when HU). He can also fold out of turn occassionally. Bottom line is he's an occassionally aggressive complete fish retard.

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $197
UTG+1: $277.51
CO: $700.50
Button: $309
Hero: $352.15
BB: $193.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $9</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($45, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $42.75</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($130.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $127.5</font>, CO calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($385.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $172.9</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $172.9 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $385.5

[/ QUOTE ]

OP Edit: Meant to say he beat my middle set with top/bottom pair.

Is going for the turn check/raise a good idea if he rarely bluffs? Or does checking the turn show enough weakness for anyone to bet turn when checked to?