View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

[ QUOTE ]
wasnt my quote but I can answer it. Its mainly cause of Duncan cause they usually give up 25+ to him AND double him and let him kick out to tons of open 3's. Also its cause of their defensive maturity in the 4th quarter (Spurs), as the suns went into the 4th with the lead most of the games but the Spurs were so smart defensively and so flawless offensively in the half court in those 4th quarters.

The mavs dont have a dominant inside presence, and arent quite to that point defensively, thus the Suns have a much better chance against the Mavs. Like I said though Mavs in 7 is my prediction, but could be less as Im not sure Nash will be healthy enough to be the best player in the series like he was last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously think the Suns can't beat the Spurs too, but the Spurs are only slightly better defensively than Dallas and in their series Dallas was better defensively. I see Dallas and SA as basically the same mold except for for this difference, Dallas doesn't have the premiere big guy (they have some role players in the interior that do a good job) but what they lacked there they had the advantage in team speed, quickness, and depth/bench to SA's. That is the trade off.

And I don't think that Nash will be the best player in the series even if he is 100% healthy, this isn't last year. This team isn't the 05' team, they have been facelifted and Dirk is thriving. Nash will be the X-factor on the Suns and one of the best players in the series, I just don't see him having more of an impact than Dirk. Dallas has 10X the team speed as last year, as well as the last few times they played in the regular season minus Devon Harris.