View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: A question about degeneracy in winning poker players

[ QUOTE ]
Poker is a "brain dead" experience. That's right. If you learn to play poker well eventually it becomes close to a repetitive exercise with little if any room for creativity. Forget it for now and pursue your dream of being a journalist. Poker will always be there if you want to come back to it later.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is sage advice, but not very applicable I am afraid. I simply can't see my self laying down poker. Not when I can make money so effortless (I play exclusively sng's which is boringly mechanical but less governed by variance). Even though I don't enjoy poker as much as I used to, I still find it a game worth playing - especially since it provides for a better living as a student (who can't bother to finish his education)

I am currently in a process where I try to find motivation into calling my school counselor in order to register for my final exam. But I continue to delay it since I do not feel I am ready yet. It is a tough exam to pass, and one has to be really motivated as it is a long and tough ordeal.

I have convinced myself to contact him first thing next year. As a kind of new-year resolution.