View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Pretty happy with everyone on the Hawks, especially the rookies and Craig Claxton's bench-warming ass.

PG's
-Law looks like he should be starting by Thanksgiving. Gave the Hawks the slashing PG that helps their kickout game so much.
-Lue was what he is, crafty vet who'll play 15-20 minutes a game and put some of the best per/minute numbers on the team. God how I used to hate him, but now I can't get enough.
-AJ started the game and I'm not sure if he ever came back in after the first quarter. It's ok, he wasn't needed. He's definitely first PG on the trading block.
-West only played a couple minutes at the end of each half in obvious defensive situations, but he shut down the one shot he had to at the end of the first.

SG's
-Joe Joe Joe. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I just hope he doesn't have to keep playing 46 minutes as the season moves along.
-Law played here for a bit too with Lue at the point and I kinda liked it for a change of pace.

SF's
-Marvin was very good. I really hope he stays healthy b/c I think he's ready to blossom into why we drafted him.
-Chill looked a little rough shooting this game, but still hauled in 6 offensive boards and helped handle the ball.

Bigs
-Horford went for 9 and 10 and would've put up closer to 15/12 if you had been able to stay out of foul trouble. The rook'll learn, and he'll be a quick impact player.
-Smoove still plays too fast from time to time, but he is looking better. 18 and 11 rule, but 6 TO's hurt. He's going to need to show continual improvement here, especially when it comes to not shooting 3's. 0-4 ugh. At least he seems to have improved his free throw stroke. Looked much more confident and hit 8-8. Basically ended the game with the board of Shelden's free throw late.
-Shelden was up and down. Got 30 minutes out of him for 6 and 9 which is decent. He's not going to be a big scorer, but if he can keep manning up on defense and pulling down boards he'll help the team a lot.