View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Ken Miller: scientist and believeing Catholic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For those who may not know, there is a comprehensive archive of the Dover trial transcripts here. Miller spends the first part of his testimony talking about his background and credentials and then gets into the meat of his direct testimony here. It's a very accessible introduction to evolutionary concepts and the ID controversy that I've recommended to several people (non-scientists) who wanted to learn more about evolution.

Thanks for the link; I haven't watched the video, but hope to find the time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read Mr. Miller's testimony & something struck me as odd. For someone who claims to be Christian, he only mentions his faith one time during the whole thing. Now, granted, that wasn't what he was there to testify about, but it was what he said that is strange. He said that he was "a person of faith & a regular churchgoer." Having some sort of a faith & going to church will no more make you a Christian than sitting out in your garage at home makes you a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you questioning his faith? Because he doesn't believe in intelligent design? Because he is not discussing his faith while giving an academic talk? I wasn't aware that being a Christian means that you can't study science and believe in evolution. Believe it or not, not all Christians believe that they must use every public speaking opportunity to proselytize.