View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Playing Setup and Health

This is a quasi PSA thread and perhaps it will turn into something slightly more useful.

I know that we sometimes tend to focus entirely on the details of hands, but one thing that can easily go overlooked is a player's computer setup. Many of those who play full-time go the extra mile to ensure that they have the proper setup and accessories to ensure their body functions at its peak while playing and doesnt suffer any ill effects from the many hours logged in a relatively similar position.

I don't know how many of the other do and I just wanted to take a moment to remind people to think about it some. Especially those that play 25+ hours a week consistantly.

I do this particularly because I have recently began to encounter moderate problems in my mouse arm, which relates in significant part (if not entirely) due to my poker play and poor setup. The details are relatively unimportant and its not as if I've lost the use of anything, but ensuring that I have a proper setup is something I always said I'd do next week or the next time I hit a big rush. Now, after 4 years of play, I've finally realized that perhaps it is something that needed more attention earlier. Now I am facing a variety of symptoms that really restrict play of any significant length of time and even while not at a computer I have problems.

So, please consider reviewing your setup and perhaps those that play full-time can share some of their pictures/items used/etc to help the process.

Evening PSA by your friendly host