View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Some semi-bluffs

[ QUOTE ]
waiting for the turn in hand 1 is standard for me if villain 2-barrels any reasonable % of the time.

i wouldn't try 3-bet semibluffing at all at these stakes. i 4 table 30 hours a week and get raise/folded on the turn like once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem at the very low stakes is that many are afraid of getting bluffed. They just don't trust you because they hate the thought of being bluffed of a hand. To some extent they are often right to think so since many players also have read in poker-litterature that they must be agressive in SH-limit and therefore raises flops with all kinds of crap. Many even raise with two overcards. Raising flop and betting turn will only fold the absolute weakest hands that probably would check/folded turn or river anyway. If semibluffing ever is succesful against theese paranoid players it's on the turn. But be selective because they will only fold high-card hand and rarely low pairs.

I think the best way to exploit the spewy agressive flopplay and the "I won't get bluffed" tendencies at theese games is to play passively on flop with draws and mostly raise with good hands. Wait for turn to semibluff but be selective, read the board and choose the right player. Also let the spewy agressive players bet air on all streets sometime and showdown MP and TP hands. Raise river against thoose players with strong hands since they will often call since they have already invested a lot in the pot. If you raise turn they will fold more often (off course you risk being outdrawn, but with strong hands that is unlikely to be hurt by a cheapcard it's profitable). Thats how I beat the spewy agressive games for 3BB/100 hands...