View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Fire Jack Effel Now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Goering and others had determined that the structure is slightly better this year. What's all the complaining about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Goering's post was about the $10K Main Event structure. I don't think he said anything about the eariler events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about the limit events, as I don't play limit events now and didn't look at those structures. Two years ago the $5k limit holdem started at 25/25 while the $5k no-limit started at 25/50. I commented back then to someone on the WSOP advisory committee that it was a joke that limit events started "deeper" than no-limit. They completely agreed. So I think this has been a problem for some time----maybe it is even worse this year.

The $10k ME structure will be marginally worse in 2007, primarily because level #27 is missing (50/100k?). I am ASSUMING the FT will be two hour levels (the footnote on the structure sheet is a misprint, so the two hours is not confirmed).

I think there is an issue with the FT in prelim NL events. When I commented earlier I didn't know the level length at the final table had been shortened from 90 minutes to 60 minutes. Sorry for missing it if it was published at the time. I did know that a level would likely be "skipped" at the FT, but with the 90 minute levels and short-handed play I didn't think it would be a major issue----even though there is no good reason to skip a level at this point (broadcast? / cost? issues). The bigger problem is that with 60 mintue levels you are compressing 5 levels @ 90 mintues in 2006 down to 4 levels @ 60 minutes in 2007----which means about 35-40% less play at the FT.

Pre FT play has improved in prelim NL events----more play time for the average player and an extra level of play.

btw, I wouldn't be surprised if the structures were designed or explicitly approved by certain members of the player committee. Harrahs clearly planned to significantly reduce the time needed to play FT's in NL events, so I doubt they are surprised by what has happened.