View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Person to person transfers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit/MH: Perhaps Poker Legislation Forum might be the place for such a discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I ask over there when everyone seems to be breaking the law over here? A link to info or discussion would be helpful instead of trying suppress the information or trying to pretend like it's a non-issue. I think it is a relevant question worthy of discussion. Incidentally, plenty of legal type questions pertaining to online poker have been discussed at great length in this forum. You deleted my original thread and since everyone seems to be potentially breaking the law (US citizens only) here with such careless glee, this might be a good place to ask the question.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm...probably because it would completely derail this obviously single-purpose thread? Do you somehow think that everyone trading here is ignorant of the UIEGA? Is there some reason why more than a year after it was passed you now feel the need to post this here? If it makes you feel better, here you go:

----------
No person engaged in the business of betting or wagering may knowingly accept, in connection with the participation of another person, in unlawful Internet gambling – [credit, EFTs, checks, drafts, or the proceeds of any other form of financial transaction as set forth in federal regulation].
----------

Now everyone knows, and they can interpret it for themselves, or have a lawyer do so. Are people in this thread breaking the law? That's for them to decide and worry about. Seems quite obvious to me that further discussion of this would belong in the legislation forum, that's what it's for.