View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: 40 Buy-in NL Table: Even worth playing?

Ranma, I documented several key hands from a rare winning session (albeit small, I won about 120 bucks after buying in for 40) from a couple of weeks ago, I'm sorry, as some details are not that clear cause I wrote this down after I was done playing

1. I checked from the blind with 9-10 offsuit. Flop came 6-7-8 with 2 diamonds. The pot had about as much money in it as I had behind me, so I pushed all in. I got called by 3 people, two who had 9s. The turn was a 10, giving 3 of us the straight. Split pot. I am assuing the other caller was on a diamond draw.

2. I got AA in the SB. There was an initial raise to 4, someone re-raised to 8, someone calls the 8, I re-raised to 24. The initial raiser went all in for about 15, and the other 2 guys called my 24. Flop gave me a set of Aces, I pushed all in with my remaining 50-60 into a pot of about 100. Suprisingly, everyone folded. The guy who was all in didn't outdraw me, took down the pot.

3. I was in the BB with A-2 (Ace of clubs), I called the SB's raise of about 10 (loose call, I'll admit), I think 4 people saw the flop. The flop came K-Q-2 of clubs, giving me a bottom pair with a nut flush draw. The SB came out and massively overbet the pot, going all-in for 90 into a pot of 50ish. I had seen him make this play several times with two pair before, so I figured he had K-Q. I called, and had him covered. Another person went all in with their remaining 15ish dollars.

I turned a 2 for a set of 2s, and that held up against the SB. The other person who had called all in for 15 had the flush at the flop, but I ended up winning quite a bit of money on this hand.

So this is an example of some of the hands I've played