View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: 40 Buy-in NL Table: Even worth playing?

[ QUOTE ]
Well maybe I'm wrong... but this is the situation I often face...

I can push all in and try to protect a hand like an overpair postflop. Usually it's something like me putting in 20 into a pot of 30. And usually, there are two guys behind me, who'll both call with similar stacks to mine. It seems like if even one of them has say a nut flush draw, they are betting 20 to win 90, which is good odds for them. Going on this logic, unless I am incorrect, I feel there is just no way I can ever make it unprofitable for someone to draw against me with such short stacks.

I guess conversely I will get good odds to draw myself, but this cycle seems like at best I'll just break even

[/ QUOTE ]
The both won't have different draws every time. Sometimes, they will be drawing to the same hand, in which case you are a 60-40 favorite (usually) getting 2-1 on your money, sometimes they won't flop a draw and will fold after investing 10$ of their stack, sometimes they will get it in with top pair (and by sometimes, I mean they are never folding it, and you have them drawing poorly). This game is beatable, ignoring rake, by playing tight preflop and getting it in good, so if you are not winning there is a problem with your game. You should post some other hands. Also, if you are just waiting for AA-QQ, AK, the game will not be beatable because your stack is so small in relation to the blinds you will slowly blind out waiting.