View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: 3+1 NFL Challenge - 2006: Week 4

405 Vikings $400
415 Dolphins $300
427 Packers $200
419 Patriots $100

Game 1: Minnesota +1.5 vs Buffalo - another line I consider semi-silly (though not as bad as the Wash-Hou line last week). Minnesota has beaten 2 extremely solid teams and was unlucky to lose last week against a true Super Bowl contender in Chicago. Buffalo has beaten the crappy Dolphins, and lost to New England and the Jets. I actually consider the Vikings solid favorites in this game

Game 2: Miami -3.5 vs Houston - geezum crow. How can these books really not see how truly horrible Houston is. As stated last week, Houston has covered a 4 point spread a total of 5 times in their last 19 games and have lost every game this year by 2 TDs or more. Miami hasn't looked all that great this year, but they're no freakin Houston.

Game 3: Green Bay +11 vs Philadelphia - Gonna be a fun Monday night watching this one. Philly has rolled it up on some real poor teams so far, and I think people are overrating them. They've shown a real tendency to give up a lot of points late in games (17 in the 4thQ vs Giants, 14 in the 4thQ vs San Fran), and I think they may win it, but Favre will get it within a TD by the end. I think Favre is also pretty motivated to show he's not done like everyone is saying.

Game 4: New England +5.5 vs Cincinnati - this one hurts, as I don't like NE and I do like Cincy. However, Carson is still a little wobbly and inconsistent (4 TDS last week, but 2 INT and a fumble as well), and Chad seems to be still suffering. Their D is very opportunistic against bad QBs, but against good ones, not so much. I think the Patriots come out with something to prove and win this one outright.