View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Is it possible to just be an unlucky person?

I read all the posts so far, and I feel like I've been unlucky to this point, but things can turn around at any time.

What I hate is how people who have no clue or are just gambling it up seem to be winning and doing a lot better than me. For example, my uncle hit for $6k on a slot machine, then went to roulette and was hitting his 13 or 00 or whatever.

2 weeks ago I drive to get some food and the power is out at McDonalds. WTF?

I'm a Pittsburgh Pirates fan.

I mean everyone has bad or unlucky things that happen but sometimes I do feel like I'm destined to lose.

As far as poker, typical session is I get KK, raise and take down the blinds. Then I raise with KK a few orbits later, someone reraises I push for like 75bb and he has AA. I've missed so many straight+flush draws it's sick. 77 vs AKs, flop a RFD with overs, and miss it. In MTT or SNGs, I get it all in 3 way with 99 vs AK vs AQ and the AQ wins.

When I get 2 pair, I'm always getting counterfitted, or everyone folds to a small bet, or they have a set.

Last week I had TJo in the BB, 7 way action, flop comes 789 rainbow, I check trying to make a nice c/r, checks around, turn T so now I split with any J and lose to QJ, but I put out a 1/2 pot size bet, one caller, river 8, I bet $20 he raises to $40 and I sigh and call, shows T8o for a boat. It just makes me mad that if he would have played his hand fast on the flop (pair+open ender), then I would have gotten in my stack with huge equity. I'm just getting sick of donks slowplaying a flopped flush or set and I'm sitting there with an overpair or combo draw or lower flush and I just lose. Honestly it must feel great to pick up JJ and KK right in a row, limp in with both, and have someone give you action with 88 on a TT9 board. Or flop a set of kings.

Honestly I don't know how people have money, they constantly limp or flat call with QQ KK and AA preflop. No one will ever reraise AKs. It just boggles my mind that they can win, so passive and just hitting every card.