View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Best low NL stakes in Bay Area?

[ QUOTE ]
That 10-200 spread is like a bad version of 5/10 NL. Doesnt the $200 betting cap drive you up a wall? I know it did so for me.. Just go play 5/10 NL at like Petaluma or Lucky Derby or Manteca.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too lazy to drive that far and the action at Bay is very profitable. But like I said, if you approach the 10-200 like a weird 100/200 limit (that allows limping for $10), playing small/mid pairs and/or suited connectors as cheaply as possible and in late position, it can be very fun.

One thing I saw that was really nutty, was the constant straddling that was going on. There was even one hand where we had 3 straddles: UTG straddled for $20, UTG+1 straddled for $40, and MP1 straddled for $60. Folded to the button who tried to raise to $200 straight. (Can you guess what his hold cards were? LOL)

Dealer said he couldn't because MP1 already had the 3rd PF raise...he could only call. The straddlers completed and 4 players saw a flop of TT9r. Checked to the button who bet $200 and re-raised to $400 by MP1. Button folds in disgust and mucks AA face up. MP1 shows ATo for flopped trips.