Thread: Prop bet thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
Tup:

- I settled on an even money bet at 240 (I took the under) against the shooter ($500). I took an even money bet at 210 (I took the over) for more money against a couple other people, so I came out ahead.

- He had a whole range of bets (e.g. shooting % in last 10 minutes). So he had to shoot the whole 30 minutes. Also I think he wanted to know how many he'd make for future bets.

- We had 3 scorekeepers, 1 disinterested party and 2 other people with skin in the game. They just marked makes and misses on a scoring sheet with boxes for each minute. Shooter requested count and time call every 5 minutes. It was also videotaped because he had people on the East Coast taking action and he needed proof.

- 20+ people gathered to watch him hustle us all. It was at a local LA high school gym (actually ridiculously nice court). I challenged the shooter to a game of HORSE after the bet ended. Despite giving me HOR, I only tagged him for H before losing, pretty sad, imo.

He could hit 400 I think on a good day. He only shot 73% in the first 10 minutes (118/161) and said it was cause he was nervous. I believe it, as I mentioned his last 10 minutes was his strongest stretch (139/167).

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i told you all how easy this would be