View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Flat PokerEV Greenline and Raised Redline

I have been having the same problem and I'm trying to adjust my game.

I think some of my leaks are playing just a little too loose when someone raises. I think I was calling with too many hands like T975ss or J956ds, being too optimistic about hitting a huge hand to stack someone with AAKQ when I usually just fold on the flop, so I'm losing 1-2ptbb a ton while not stacking them enough to make up for it (if at all . . .).

Another leak I'm trying to plug is c-betting too much into calling stations. I'll c-bet, and then check it down and usually fold to their river bet when I have basically nothing. A corollary to that is not raising trash in the CO and button based on the idea that I can put money in the pot pf just to steal it on the flop with a c-bet against 1-2 opponents (this sometimes works, but based on that, I probably do it way too often and try to force it, making it way -EV).

I understand you probably know this stuff and don't (and I'm probably just a bad player that needs to plug these), but I figured I'd put some ideas out there for brain storming.