View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Obesity: deadlier than smoking...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The main factor, and arguably the only factor in obesity is diet. You can be healthy and skinny, even with very little exercise.
Throughout history governments slowly erode freedoms rather than taking them all away at once. At first you can smoke anywhere, than you cant smoke in planes, than you cant smoke in restaurants, than you cant smoke in some outdoor areas, now cali is proposing not allowing smoking in apartments.....
I dont care if it is trans fats, or free speech, the less the goverment interferes the better. If women have the right to choose to abort a baby, I should have the right to abort my digestive track with some good greasy french fries.

[/ QUOTE ]

obesity isnt just caused from diet. it's a multi-faceted issue.

i imagine over the last two decades people exercise less in their free time, spend more sedentary time at work and home because of computers and commute more which leads to less leisure time. all of this would lead to weight gain. diet is probably more important but inactivity is a major contributor.

and you can drink a gallon of that stuff every day if you want to. no one is stopping you even in NY. you just cant serve it to someone else in a restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a restaurant owner this affects me.

and no, its not really multi-faceted. As far as being of normal weight and healthy when talking abotu the obesity problem in america, 90% cna be solved with a change in diet, its unfortunate people are too stupid to find out what they should be eating, and even more unfortunate that others are making excuses for them.