View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: i\'ll tell ya what i would do / a newly emerging rule

[ QUOTE ]
A much better rule has already been mentioned - the requestor must state that he suspects collusion/cheating. He does not have to accuse, he merely has to suspect....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that your rule is better, but the best solution IMHO is to simply abolish IWTSTH altogether. If a player suspects collusion (or anything else), they should go talk with the floor. The floor can then look at mucked cards if necessary in order to determine whether players at the table are cheating. It is not necessary to show anyone's hand to any player in order to determine whether players are cheating. If a player suspects that the floor might be "in on" the cheating, then that player should leave immediately.

Like the poster above, I also have been known to confront people who use IWTSTH, but only if they do so repeatedly. I will start by asking them why they think that I (or the other player) are colluding. If they persist, then I will start to invoke IWTSTH on them by saying that I want to see their hand because I believe they are a dishonest person and are probably cheating (abuse of a rule = dishonest in my opinion).