View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
So your argument is that "our road games are tougher than other teams, even if they are against horrid teams, and hey, we are have blown out 4 of the 7 teams we've played at home! (including Charleston Southern and Northern Colorado)"

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I should point out what I'm arguing. I think the case for UH in the BCS title game is thin. I think that if they win tonight then they should be at least considered as a candidate along with USC, LSU, Kansas, OU, Georgia, and VT. I think they are deserving of a BCS game. I don't really think they are one of the two best teams in the country, (edit) nor do they deserve to be in the National Title game under the current system.

Mainly, I think that it's not really clear how good they are. Tonight is a bad sign so far, though.

My argument is that the games that should have been blowouts and weren't are at LA Tech, at SJSU, at Nevada and I guess Fresno State at home. That there are four of them isn't good obviously, but individually I could see some top teams having trouble in some of these games traveling 3-5 time zones.

Mainly the travel time makes it even less clear where UH should be properly ranked. If a team in California played their same schedule and got the same results then it would be more problematic.