View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: New Official Supernova Elite Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I will ultimately make it (though with very little time to spare) and can relate to some of leatherass' regrets.

In pursuit of this goal I set for myself, I have chosen to play on days I really should be away from the game. I routinely play sessions well past the time I should stop for a break. Table selection is limited to one site. I have played some truly atrocious poker at times, just to get the time in and accumulate the points.

On the good side, it has helped me structure my work schedule to a small degree and gave me something tangible to work toward.

The big picture for me was to go through some pain this year to increase the FPP accumulation for next year. I am hoping to spend more time working to improve my game next year and not just mindlessly putting in hours.

Overall, I don't regret trying this and may even try it again next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were still playing the limits I was playing when I started the SNE chase in mid April, then I may consider doing it again next year especially given that I would have 12 months to do it. But as a high stakes player the loss of game selection is just too great.