View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: insane tilt inducing hit n run session

Geormiet,

I can sympathize with you because I find myself get angry when bad players do things like hit 'n run, or more generally, end up with a decent amount of my money. I've noitced that since I started playing HU more frequently than ring games, I've started taking the game more personally. I get angry at the other player for giving me a sequence of beats and I irrationally want to get that player back.

The big question is -- did your anger affect your play? Or other aspects of your game, like game selection?

I know for me that it sometimes does and I consider this a big weakness of mine.

I think the thing to do is to try to put your session in perspective. Consider your lifetime of playing poker; how much affect has this frustrating session had on your overall results? Will their still be good games to play in tomorrow? Does it really matter that one player got really lucky against you and then sat out (several times)? Isn't that annoyance worth the fact that a lot of bad players are willing to play against you when you have an edge?