View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
Jihad,

I know different things work for different people. For the first few years of lifting... The same things work for everyone. After several years of putzing around... You'll figure out what works for you.

Also you're much much bigger than me. Does it matter? I deride your advice since its terrible. If people did the same workouts as you (sans juice) they'd likely become overtrained and start taking steps backward almost immediately. Half your workouts could be in Flex. FFS.

Also yeah, the Smiley quote was spot on. I don't think anyone who is doing a combination of O lifts/rows/Pull ups is really going to have more than a pittance of improvement to optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]Out of curiosity, and I mean this question to be as serious and far away from the mudslinging as possible, how do you define overtraining? And to what end (goal) are you relating your definition to? Obviously there has to be a separation of the definition based on the goal you are training to (i.e. power vs. speed vs. endurance vs. shredding). I know you have said several times that my workouts put me well into "overtraining" and I couldn't disagree more, but I'd like to know if you have some key factors for defining the term.