View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Apple TV versus Logitech/Slim Devices Squeezebox?

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile the AVS forums has an active thread called Lossless music on hard drive vs. CD which has some discussion of the Logitech/Slim Devices Sqeezebox which seems sort of similar to the Apple TV with more of a focus on music.

Does anyone here have experience with this device (or the more expensive transporter?

[/ QUOTE ]

i own one - it's mentioned it in the OP and following detail post. so far i've only used it for listening to rhapsody, and it works pretty well.

my new receiver (i'll probably discuss it sometime in a post) directly supports digital network audio as well, including flac. perhaps at some point i'll get around to exploring it. i already have a 1.2TB network storage device, but i only use it for archival and it's usually off. i have a ton of eac/lame 192KB vbr mp3s on there that i've ripped, but so far i haven't been bothered to care enough about rhapsody's compression. perhaps i will now that i've signifigantly upgraded my audio between the receiver and a new 5.1 speaker setup from svs.