View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Small Blind, You\'re In Anyways...

[ QUOTE ]
So many people play weak-tight poker on the flop/turn that makes these 5:1 PF calls grand for the bankroll.

So, its not about "I'm half in already so I HAVE to call," but more looking at your odds, your opponents, and making profitable plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same boat here. By PT I'm much looser in the SB than most consider profitable but that is due to a similar comment to that from a Gus Hansen profile in a certain poker mag. With those odds or even just a player from the button and a weak tight or fit or fold BB, these situations can be turned profitably easily. Keep in mind that there is very few hands that are anything more than a 3:1 dog pf and the chances of even being that are even slimmer after it being folded through so many seats. I also agree that this is a time to play fit or fold. You weren't the pf aggressor and you are out of position so unless you have an excellent read on the limper(s) any bet on the flop with air here is dangerous, no problem with a check/fold on the flop here with air but the 1 in 3 times you connect or the 1 in 15 times (ballpark est) that you flop a monster will make it well worth it.