View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 05:12 PM

Default On playing multiple levels

I had a good experience playing multiple levels. I usually play 3 tables, leaving me one corner of the screen to have a good look at HH's. So when I moved up the last time from 50 to 100, I started with one table 100 and two 50, and when I'd have some more money, I'd switch another table, etc.

The upside of this is that you can focus better on the higher table, because you're playing 2 tables at your comfortable level where you can do a lot of things on automatic.

And another thing: when I played two tables of 50NL, I could mimic that at the 100. Because I tended to play a lot more cagy (especially preflop) at the higher limit, where-as I'd have no problem raising SC's or KTo from LP at the 50-table (5-max). So, this gave me a solid feel of knowing that I should do something and 'forcing' myself to do it, and slowly getting used to it.

It took quite a bunch of hands actually, but at one point, I saw a buddy at a 50NL table, but I didn't care to play with him, because of the lower limit, and ever since I've played 3 tables of 100nl, and might add another table soon.