View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Don\'t taze me drone!

[ QUOTE ]
Therefore, the only viable option I have left at my disposal is a taser, which is scientifically proven to be so harmless that it does not interfere with a subjects pacemaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That tasers generally don't affect pacemakers doesn't imply they're harmless. The taser is potentially lethal and is entirely capable of causing permanent damage. You don't [censored] around with electricity and the human body. Even a violet wand shouldn't be used without extreme caution, IMO.

And violent force should never be used except as a last resort.

Law enforcement in general? I have a cynical outlook and have had bad experiences. I say you only have to look as far as the nearest law enforcement forum online to see what I'm talking about. But that's off the topic. We aren't talking about the times when lethal force is justified, we're talking about the times when it isn't. Youtube features many videos of tasers being used by law enforcement as a pain compliance device, or even for punishment/revenge. And I'm sure that for every video that gets posted there are a thousand incidents that go unreported. Every one of those officers should be fired and should never be in a position of authority again as long as they live. But what they get are slaps on the wrist - if anything. And that's a serious problem.